Sep 17, 2004

Lost Knit Project

For Malena's first birthday, I wanted to knit her something monumental - like a sweater (something more difficult than a baby blanket). Since, unfortunately, we live in Florida, I decided to knit her a cotton sundress. I started in June, so I would finish by her first birthday on September 11 (yes, 9/11). I completed the front half in the end of July while I was visiting my parents in California. Just as I was finishing the straps, Hurricane Frances decided to arrive on Florida's East Coast. We had to evacuate inland to a barely two-star hotel near the Miami Airport. One day we went downstairs while our room was being cleaned. I took the knitting in progress, leaving the front half of the dress in a grocery bag upstairs (along with my extra skeins and notions). Two days later, I noticed that my knitting was missing and it was too late to find it! I guess that is what I deserve for leaving it in a grocery bag! In my defense, I must not have been thinking clear with the stress of a hurricane approaching. So, now I am starting the front half of the dress AGAIN! The part that makes me the most mad, is that the dress wasn't ready for her birthday.

I'll post a picture of the dress and WIP as soon as photobucket lets me log in. Anyone know a better site to host images?

No comments: