Nov 13, 2007

Yummy Pannycakes


In honor of my Vovo, I have tweaked a few pancake recipes and created my favorite recipe for PANNYCAKES – as my Vovo (grandfather in Portuguese) used to say. These are traditional, American-style pancakes. I have another recipe that is a crepe-style pancake that merges a Dutch & Argentine recipe that I will post soon.

Here is the recipe. We love our pannycakes with real maple syrup (no worries about high fructose corn syrup), local honey or homemade jam. Let me know if you try the recipe and how it tasted.
  • 1.5 cups all-purpose flour (I use King Arthur's Flour or Gold Medal Harvest King)
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1.5 cups milk
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons melted butter
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla

1. Sift dry ingredients into bowl.
2. Make a well in center. In the well, pour liquid ingredients.
3. Mix well and cook on griddle until golden brown on both sides.

1 comment:

Yoli said...

Oh, how funny. My grandma called them pannycakies!