Apr 4, 2008

Friday Find: Mushroom Pate Recipe


Photo courtesy of FreeFoto.


A wonderfully simple and sophisticated cracker spread for parties. This recipe originated from one of my friends in Washington D.C. I have added cumin and coriander to the recipe to add more flavor depth. If you do not like those spices, you can eliminate them and the spread will still taste great. Friends and family have told me that I am not allowed to attend their parties without this spread! 

Ingredients:

  • 16 oz mushrooms – cleaned and de-stemmed. You can use regular button/white mushrooms or a mixture of different types. I like to do half button and half crimini.
  • 1 medium yellow onion
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • Salt & pepper
  • Ground Cumin
  • Ground Coriander

  1. Clean and de-stem mushrooms.
  2. In food processor, chop mushrooms and onion to small pieces.
  3. Heat sauté pan on medium heat and melt butter. Add the mushroom and onion mixture and sauté until all the liquid evaporates. Season with cumin, coriander, salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Add cream cheese and stir well to incorporate into the mushroom/onion mixture.
  5. Spoon the mixture into a shallow baking dish and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F. Serve warm with crackers. I prefer water crackers.
Thanks to my Dad for suggesting this week's Friday Find.


No comments: