Jan 29, 2008

Mrs. Fix-It



Since buying our first house a few years ago, I have become quite the Mrs. Fix-It. I have changed showerheads, replaced hardware for curtain rods, painted doorframes and trim, and assembled furniture on my own. I even installed an extra toilet-plumbing feature so I could spray the cloth diapers rather than dunking. And this summer, I repainted the bathroom with the help of my two kids while Diego was at work. There is something very rewarding about being able to do a home improvement project on your own and using a power drill. One of my favorite childhood memories is knocking down a wall in our house with my Dad and Brother.

Right now we are spending a lot of time putting the finishing touches on our house to prepare to sell it. This past weekend, I painted some doorframes and baseboards. Today about 12 pallets of landscaping rock, dirt and mulch were delivered. I think I better stop typing and start assembling the new wheelbarrow I bought at Lowe’s yesterday.

1 comment:

Yoli said...

You go! Fix it mama!